Monday, January 16, 2017

Push-ups, Protein, & Positivity!

Alright, I don't know about you... but Monday's are the best day to put forth your good intentions for the week and vow to get sh*t done! I find that it helps to set small short-term goals. Instead of saying that you'll commit to something for 3 months, try 3 days. So, here is this week's game plan. Short and simple.

Number 1: I will follow this 1-week at-home exercise guide. I like it because it requires no equipment, you can do it in the comfort of your own home, you can watch TV or a movie while you complete each day's task, and it's not time-consuming. 

Number 2: I will eat at (or below) my prescribed calorie goal, filling my meals with healthy fruits, vegetables, and proteins. One of my favorite websites to determine your personal calorie needs is this one. BUT! This website is not a substitute for visiting a dietitian. 

Number 3: I will complete all three circles on my apple activity tracker, daily. 

I also have a big day this week. I have an interview! So... wish me luck. But I'd prefer to not break a leg. (Insert awkward laughter here, ha ha)

I'm excited to use this as a mutual platform of motivation. If you feel so inclined, follow this 7-day program with me. It's short. IT'S ONLY 7 DAYS! We can all do anyyything for onlyyy 7 days. That's what I'm telling myself anyways! 

So, you may think this is another "New Year's Resolution" post, to eat healthy and workout more. It's not. I've always tried to do these things. I am most likely transitioning to a night shift schedule and would like to make sure my body is in its tip-top shape to handle this new challenge. Find your reasons before you start. It'll make a big difference in your progress. 

Good luck in this new week ahead. Face it with bravery and onward march! 

* As a small disclaimer. I will not be posting any actual numbers on this blog. This includes my weight & calorie goals, etc. Before following any calorie goal, meal plan, or exercise regimen please consult with your physician or be aware of your personal limits and restrictions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment