Wednesday, February 1, 2017

( It's Working! ) I'm Loving The Keto-Life

Ketogenic Diet & Body Fat Percentages

Alright, guys! I'm 100% on board. After only 1 week of this new way of eating I have lost 3.2lbs and 0.8% body fat. I know what you're saying... "Woah slow your horses there cowgirl, that's not a lot." Well, for me it is. I have battled with seeing the same numbers on my scale for a year. So, to see them immediately start to move in encouraging for me. Below is a graph from my Garmin Connect home page, that connects to my Garmin Smart Scale. It measures my weight, body fat, BMI, and multiple other useful metrics.

Ketogenic Body Fat Percentage Tracking
Before I started this Ketogenic diet I was not on a high-carb high-fat Standard American Diet. I've always watched what I ate and kept a close rein on my calories. Therefore, the transition for my body was not as difficult. Some people go through some severe side-effects but I was lucky enough not to! 

My goal for the future: I would like to lose body fat while maintaining my muscle mass. Once I get down to a comfortable body fat percentage, I will focus primarily on building muscle. I have tried once within the last year to build muscle. I stuck to the previous program for 5 weeks. That program required me to be in the gym up to 3 hours almost every day. It was not sustainable. And for that much time, I wasn't seeing the results I wanted. This time I will stick to these guidelines: My weight routine will be done outside of a gym, either at home or at my local park. I will only spend up to 1 hr per weight session. 

I will have a booty like Beyonce. Just give me some, and some fat to eat :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment